Thanks to EU ruling that end-users should be given a choice to choose a Media Player of their choice, Windows 7 N Edition and Windows 7 KN (For Korea)operating system do not include Windows Media Player or other Windows Media-related technologies, such as Windows Media Center and Windows DVD Maker.
Therefore, you must install a separate media player in order to do any of the following:
- Play or create audio CDs, media files, and video DVDs
- Organize content in a media library
- Create playlists
- Convert audio CDs to media files
- View artist and title information about media files
- View album art about music files
- Transfer music to personal music players
- Record and playback TV broadcasts
Additionally, various Web sites and software programs rely on Windows Media-related files that are not incorporated into Windows 7 N and Windows 7 KN. These programs include Microsoft Office and Microsoft Encarta.
However, customers can enable the media functionality to work properly by installing the Windows Media Feature Pack for Windows 7 N and Windows 7 KN.
How to install Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7 E Edition may also interest some!